Passport Debit Cards
Show All | Close All
|How do I activate my new debit card?|
How do I activate my new debit card?
You may activate your new debit card by doing a PIN based transaction or through NetTeller, our online banking system.
|How can I change my PIN number?|
How can I change my PIN number?
You may change your PIN number at the ATM machine or by calling toll-free 1-844-258-8352.
|What should I do if I misplace my debit card?|
What should I do if I misplace my debit card?
if you misplace your debit card, we ask that you please call us the bank at (618) 443-2187 so we can place it in a "warm" status. This will allow us to reactivate the card if you find it. If you are absolutely sure that you left it somewhere, the card will need to be placed in a "hot" status. Once the card is "hot," a new card will have to be reissued. If you are a NetTeller customer, you may place the card in a "hot" status online.
|What happens if I want to dispute a charge?|
What happens if I want to dispute a charge?
If you want to dispute a charge, we suggest that you first contact the merchant directly and try to handle the dispute with them. if this does not work, then you may contact us at (618) 443-2187 and we can help you with the dispute process.
|When will my deposit be available on my debit card?|
When will my deposit be available on my debit card?
Your deposit made by direct deposit or at the bank will be available immediately. However, if you make a deposit at the ATM machine, your deposit WILL NOT be available until the ATM is balanced.
|When will my debit card activity reflect on my balance?|
When will my debit card activity reflect on my balance?
In many cases, when you use your debit card, the activity will be posted when your card is swiped at the merchant or ATM machine. However, some merchants delay the processing of debit card transactions until the end of the business day. In these cases, the updated balance will appear as soon as we receive the information from the merchant.
Show All | Close All
|Can I use Internet Banking if I only have a CD, Loan, or Savings Account?|
Can I use Internet Banking if I only have a CD, Loan, or Savings Account?
Yes. If you have any First National Bank of Sparta account-CD, Loan, Savings, or Checking product - you can get internet Banking for FREE. You must have a checking account to have Bill Pay.
|After how many invalid login attempts will I be locked out of Internet Banking?|
After how many invalid login attempts will I be locked out of Internet Banking?
Three (3) invalid login attempts will lock you out of Internet Banking. Customers should call 618-443-2187 (during regular business hours) to have a representative unlock your account..
|How can I add or delete an account from Internet Banking?|
How can I add or delete an account from Internet Banking?
The change can be made through our netteller customer service representative at the First National Bank of Sparta.
|How can I reset my Internet Banking Account (not Bill Payment)?|
How can I reset my Internet Banking Account (not Bill Payment)?
You can call the bank at 618-443-2187 (Monday - Thursday) from 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. and Friday 8:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. OR to reset it yourself - Enter user ID and Password at internet banking sign on screen, on the next page click on the tab labeled "reset password" and follow the instructions on the screen. (This option can only be done if you have keyed in password reset question and answer in Options Tab).
Online Bill Pay
Show All | Close All
Show All | Close All
|How do I enroll in mobile banking?|
How do I enroll in mobile banking?
There are two ways to enroll in mobile banking. The traditional method consists of the following steps:
1. Log in to NetTeller as you typically would.
2. Select Options > Mobile Settings > Web Mobile Banking.
3. Complete the fields and click Submit.
4. Review the enrollment information, check that you accept the terms and conditions, and click confirm.
The other method is to enroll through a mobile device. There are certain instances that may prevent this option from being available, for instance, if you are considered inactive in NetTeller (not used in the prior six months).
1.Navigate to the mobile banking site (https://www.airteller.com/fnbsparta) or open the mobile banking app. Log in with your NetTeller ID and password.
2. Accept the terms and conditions and click continue.
3. Complete all fields and click "enroll now".
|Who can use mobile banking?|
Who can use mobile banking?
Any current customer who is already enrolled in NetTeller has the capability to enroll in mobile banking.
|What is the link I should use for mobile banking?|
What is the link I should use for mobile banking?
|Do you have a mobile banking app?|
Do you have a mobile banking app?
We do! Our mobile banking app works for Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android powered devices. To download our app, search for FNB Sparta Mobile Banking in the App Store or Google Play.
Helpful Tips and Hints
Did you know that there are some transactions where it is a best practice to use something other than your debit card to complete the transaction? In many cases, an alternate form of payment can serve as an effective deterrent to cyber-crimes such as identity theft. For your benefit, here is a quick list some places where it is suggested to consider using an alternate form of payment.
1. Online shopping or any e-commerce transaction: Online shopping poses an extreme risk to checking account balances versus the risk associated with the use of a credit card.
2. Big-ticket purchases: A credit card generally offers greater dispute rights with incorrect or damaged merchandise.
3. Restaurants: Paying your bill at a restaurant often requires your card to leave your sight. While this is never a good practice, it is typically less risky to use a credit card than your debit card due to the heightened ability to handle disputes.
4. Hotels: Hotels may place holds on available funds in your checking account to cover potential charges that you may not have settled upon checking out, thereby tying up your checking account until the hold is removed.
5. Recurring payments: Automatic, recurring payments require routine record keeping in order to accurately reflect check register balances. If you choose to allow for automatic payments, it is a better option to actually link your checking account than your debit card. Typically payments will appear on your account history quicker using this method, allowing for easier monitoring of your account.
6. Gas stations: Gas stations often place holds on debit card purchases. These holds are placed at a set limit ($75 - $100) and may take two to three days to clear, thus tying up checking account balances while the hold is in effect.
7. Checkout or ATMs that look suspicious: Criminals are becoming more sophisticated in their methods and have become better at planting card skimmers that take your card information. It is always best practice to inspect ATM machines or card readers to confirm that the devices have not been tampered with. If anything looks suspicious, it is best to avoid the use of that device altogether,
Here are some other useful tips for both debit and credit cards.
Choose a unique Personal Identification Number (PIN): Make sure to avoid obvious choices including but not limited to addresses, phone numbers, your date of birth, or social security numbers. Also, make sure to remember to change your PIN often. Perhaps make a schedule to remind yourself to change your pin.
Always keep your PIN private: Memorize your PIN and refrain from writing it down or sharing your PIN with others.
Record your transactions: Keep a detailed record of all of your transactions or at the very least, note each transaction in your check register soon after making a purchase. Confirming that the merchant deducted the correct amount will help to resolve potential disputes.
Review your statements carefully: If you find a charge that you do not recognize or an amount that does not match your records, contact us immediately. Internet and mobile banking are excellent applications to use to keep track of your accounts instantly.
REPORT LOST OR STOLEN CARDS IMMEDIATELY: If you feel that you have lost your debit card or it has been stolen, contact us immediately. In this way we can work together to reduce the risk of fraud and limit any potential losses.
Banking Hours & Telephone Numbers
Our Lobby Hours are:
Monday - Thursday 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.,
Friday 8:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M., Saturday 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
Our Drive-up hours are:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.,
Friday 8:00 A.M.- 6:00 P.M. and Saturday 8:00 A.M. - 12:00P.M.
Main Bank ( 618)-443-2187
Telephone Banking (618)-443-3684 or (618)-443-3687
Fax Number: (618)-443-2946